Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

W4 Form making changes if i only worked 2 jobs for a total of 10 days

I recently started a new job on 12/1 and I put my resignation notice to employer. During the time of 12/1-12/14 I was working both jobs. Currently, as of 12/15 i am only working one job. How would not making a change on my previous employer and when filling out new employer W4 affect amount of tax refund or owing money?

What can I do ? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

@cassandraccalderon - there are too many variables missing to really conclude.   The difference in the refund / amount due should be minor, assuming you fill out the W-4 with the new employer similar to the way it was filed with the former employer....

The difference will be minor and not worth stressing about for 2022.   Do make sure you understand that when you prepare your 2022 tax return that you have to enter all of your W-2's on the same tax return.   If you received a pay check from that new job in 2022, then you will have at least two W-2's to enter on your tax return.  After you enter the first one, click "Add W-2" so that you can include the other one.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies