Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

W4 for the State

Hi. Last year I owed on my stay taxes due to the incorrect number of allowances. I had it set as 1 but should it actually be “0”? I am single with no dependents.

1 Reply
Employee Tax & Finance Expert

W4 for the State

Hello Jeshendricks

Thank you for your question.

In order to correctly fill your W4 for the state, it is important to follow your state's specific instructions. 

Please click the link to find your state'w website and follow specific instructions. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings