Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member


Need help getting old W2

1 Reply
Expert Alumni


You can order Wage and Income transcript from the IRS. This is not a copy of a return, but it reports data from information returns the IRS receives such as Forms W-2, 1099, 1098 and Form 5498, and IRA Contribution Information. This transcript type can go back 10 years.


Taxpayers often use the information from transcripts to file prior year returns, when the original paperwork is lost. The transcripts are free and with luck, you can get them online.


Please look at the IRS website for Transcripts at .


NOTE: at the moment, the IRS has announced that they are not doing transcripts by mail, so try your best to get it using the online process.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies