Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

owespot

W2 needs review

Why when I put in the W-2G information it still says it needs review?  I have deleted them and started over.  I left all blanks where needed.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

W2 needs review

In TurboTax Online, some customers are experiencing an issue in the "Review" section of the program. The program states that the customer "Needs Review" their W-2 entry even though they have completed their W-2 Entry.

We are currently working on this. If you are experiencing this issue please sign-up here for emails on the latest updates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

W2 needs review

Yeah well it shouldn't STILL be happening on national freaking tax day! And yes, I'm aware of the extension, but I get a bonus for completing today. Been working on this all freaking day now. Thanks turbotax, not really!

W2 needs review

Who is giving you a bonus for completing taxes today?  TT is not licensed for use by paid tax preparers.

The original question was about a W-2G (gambling winning), not a W-2, so the user may have been trying to enter the form in the wrong place.

W2 needs review

Discount rather. I was going to be able to get 30% off the price if filed by the 15th. Unfortunately bc of all the issues I ran in to that night I never got it done. I've never had these issues in the 15 years or so I've used TurboTax.

W2 needs review

I'm not a paid tax preparer. I'm a consumer who uses TurboTax for the simplicity of doing my own taxes. This year, not so simple!

W2 needs review

Thanks @AlanT222! I am getting the 'needs review' message on a W2 that I've triple checked. Will this affect my ability to complete my filing by tomorrow?

W2 needs review

@BeStill1 Try deleting the W-2 and then re-entering it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

W2 needs review

Thanks @xmasbaby0 I already tried that- did a fresh scan of the doc and uploaded it. Maybe entering manually will help?

W2 needs review

Yes----try entering it by hand instead of importing it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

W2 needs review

@xmasbaby0 Unfortunately that didn't change it! Will this affect my ability to complete my filing tomorrow? Thanks

W2 needs review

Not sure what your problem is with your W-2, but it will probably affect your ability to e-file.  Better call customer support.

Phone support is not provided with the Free Edition.  If you are using a paid version of the software or if you purchased PLUS you can get phone support when customer support is there.  Otherwise, post your question here and someone will try to help.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies