Solved: W2 has wrong ssn on your side

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W2 has wrong ssn on your side

My w2 from [PII removed]was found in your system but it has my wrong ssn and i cant file. I have the hard copy and it has the correct ssn. how do i fix this?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You will need to delete the imported W-2 and manually add the correct W-2. Please see my previous answer for instructions on deleting a W-2 from your return in TurboTax Online:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5771960

To add your W-2 to your return, you will do the following:

• Log into your TurboTax Online account, or open your return in TurboTax Desktop.
  •  Click to Continue your return or choose Take me to my return
  • Click on Federal Taxes (choose the option labeled: I'll choose what I will work on, if offered)
  • Click on Wages & Salaries
  • Click the box to indicate that you have a Form W-2  to add or choose to edit a W-2 already in your return

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will need to delete the imported W-2 and manually add the correct W-2. Please see my previous answer for instructions on deleting a W-2 from your return in TurboTax Online:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5771960

To add your W-2 to your return, you will do the following:

• Log into your TurboTax Online account, or open your return in TurboTax Desktop.
  •  Click to Continue your return or choose Take me to my return
  • Click on Federal Taxes (choose the option labeled: I'll choose what I will work on, if offered)
  • Click on Wages & Salaries
  • Click the box to indicate that you have a Form W-2  to add or choose to edit a W-2 already in your return

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings