Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

W-4 Form

What changes, if any, should I make to my W-4 form because I moved from CA to NV on my state deductions?  Or do I keep my CA state deductions since my employer is still paying me as if I'm living in CA?

2 Replies
Employee Tax Expert

W-4 Form

You asked a similar question a few minutes ago, but this one sounds a bit different. So please clarify: Did you also start working in Nevada, or did you just move there, and continue working in California? If you're working in California, nothing changes. But if you've moved both your residence and the state in which you work, then your employer should end California withholding.

Nick K, EA
Level 1

W-4 Form

I moved to Nevada, but my place of employment is still in CA.  Even after my employer requires us to go back to the office, I will be submitting a request to continue working from home in Nevada as that is my new residence.  Does this help?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings