Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mmedici1
Returning Member

VPS Service fee charge dispute

How do I dispute the charge for VPS SErvice Fee Intuit on my credit card for 682.06?  I had asked for Intuit to handle filling my taxes for me as I wasn't sure how to handle the RSU's that i was given and I sold from my company.  Through several email exchanges it was clear that the person person wasn't sure how to handle them either, so i pulled my taxes back, did a lot of research, and filled my taxes myself.  After filling my taxes, i was charged the turbotax fee, but also this service charge which i didn't use. 

i tried reaching out to support through turbotax chat and they said they didn't see the service fee charge, only the turbotax fee to file my taxes and to submit a claim through my credit card company which i did.

Is there anyone i can talk to about this VPS Service fee?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Call [phone number removed]. Tell the irritating little robot "REPRESENTATIVE PLEASE."   The same voice will ask you the subject of your questions.  Respond with as short an answer as possible, "CHARGES ON MY TURBO TAX ACCOUNT."  You will likely get a human at that point and the negotiations begin.  I always try to call at the extreme beginning of their business day.  I can't give you those times as they change through the year.  Last evening. the hours were 5:00AM to 9:00PM.  This morning, the human told me they will start a 24 hour service as they approach the filing deadline.  (Never saw that in writing.)

Your fee seems surprisingly high.  Mine was much less and I was given pretty good reasons why it was imposed so I paid,

mmedici1
Returning Member

Thanks.  the phone number was removed in your response.  can you post a link to it?

You chose to pay your federal tax owed using your card.  There is a notice there when you choose that that the 3rd party processor who handles that transaction charges a 2.49% fee that you agree to, which shows up as VPS on your statement.  If you multiply your tax owed by 2.49% - I'm sure it equals exactly what you see.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies