Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jtyreman

VALIDATION FAILED on EFile

VALIDATION_FAILED when I try to efile with prompt asking to update SW via the online menu.  When I update the SW, it still fails.  What's the fix? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

If you are using WIN 10 then uninstalled OS updates can hang up the TT program updates ... install the WIN updates at least 3 times and then reboot the computer.   Then try updating the TT program making sure you are using an administrator account, the program is installed on the C drive  and that you don't have any removable drives in the USB ports.  

If that does not work try a manual update:

m202748

Untitled.jpg
I think I have the same problem, TT indicates that it's up to date. I also tried the manual update and still get the same message. 

Windows had an OS update recently ... make very sure you have run the update and rebooted at least twice.  If that still will not work then uninstall the program, reboot the computer, then reinstall and update the program.  If that still doesn't do it then contact TT support directly ... this may be a bug they are working on and will need a bit of time to implement ... these things usually get resolved within a couple of weeks.

m202748

Tried all that, and still no luck. I guess it's a bug and I'll need to wait until a new TT update is issued.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies