Va.State taxes

Va.State taxes

I filed exempt when I filed out my w-2 at work, so why do I owe taxes now to state of va?

Va.State taxes

Unfortunately, you do not decide whether you are required to pay taxes or not.  The federal and state governing bodies decide who pay taxes If you either lived in the State of Virginia or worked in the State of Virginia, you would need to pay taxes to the State of Virginia.  Here is a link for the State of Virginia Department of Revenue Filing Information.

Va.State taxes

I’m not saying I’m not gonna pay I’m saying I want my boss to take taxes out on me as he does everyone else

Va.State taxes

@Sandie123 Have you had that conversation with the employer?  Why isn't the employer withholding state tax from your checks?    Have you filled out a W-4 that shows that you want tax withheld?  In an earlier post you stated that you claimed to be "exempt" which was your mistake.