Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Awest5014

Using Turbo Tax with license code

I installed turbo tax last week and activated with the activation code. I am now on the road for business and I open turbo tax to continue working. I allowed it to update and when it came back on, it asked for the activation code AGAIN!! I did not bring the box with me on the road. I am now stuck with not doing my taxes for another 10 days until I get home and look at the **bleep** box again. That SUCKS! Ive been using turbo tax 10 years and now I am considering dropping it and going with someone else. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
sjm11

Same thing happened to me, only mine wasn't a CD it was a direct download and I am being asked for the license code again after the update on the same computer.  Does that count as installing on another computer each time I have to enter the license code?

I am being asked for the code every time I open the program on my Windows 7 computer and it has now locked me out because it assumes I have installed on 5 different computers already. TurboTax needs to fix this right away. Get on this Intuit!

ma64mor

I tried to get back in to work on my tax file, after nine days of completing it and after printing it. It asked me for the license code, which I had tossed.

I am really upset that I

a. may have to purchase this all over again

b. i will have to plug in the numbers again and loose ALL MY DATA!!!! FIVE HOURS OF WORK!@!!!

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

I am sorry for the trouble you are having. The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below. We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

Please click here to for What is the TurboTax phone number. https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If I have to connect to the Internet I may as well use the free service from the IRS.

Connecting my tax computer to the Internet is evil in so many ways.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If you do not want to connect to the internet to prepare your tax return then you should consider TurboTax CD/Download.  The program and all your tax information is stored on your computer.  You only have to connect to the internet to file your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Or you can print and mail your return if you don't want to send it electronically over the Internet.  But you will need to connect online occasionally to activate the Desktop program and to install the program updates and to download any state programs you need.  

But you can keep your return only on your computer.  It won't be seen or accessed when you go online to update the program.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies