Using Fed TurboTax Business 2016. Trying to download Calif state version. Get to a dialog "Let's complete your purchase online." The "continue" button is non-responsive.

The dialog box "Let's continue your purchase online" is non-responsive. I seem to be stuck.

It might be a coincidence, but check your input device.

I had this same problem while trying to efile Minnesota state taxes.  I looked through the forums and found no answers.  Ultimately I called the support phone number.  George spent an hour on the phone with me, trying multiple avenues, but without success.  Finally, he sent me a new download of TurboTax Deluxe 2016.

I had already saved my files and so was able to uninstall my old version and open the existing files with the new download.  When I got to the payment step for efiling state taxes, the Continue button still was non-responsive.  For some reason--frustration, a hunch?--I unplugged the Wacom Bamboo tablet that I used as an input device (instead of a mouse or the laptop touchpad) throughout the TurboTax process,and clicked the "Continue" button using the laptop's built in touchpad and buttons.  SUCCESS! I was able to complete efiling my state taxes within minutes.

I don't know if the solution was the change in input device or the fresh download of the program, but if you use an external input device -- mouse, pen tablet, etc.-- on a touchpad laptop, try clicking directly with the touchpad input.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing