caroline-kaplan0

Username help 2015 AGI

I updated my username prior to e-filing my 2016 taxes and now I can't access my tax history timeline. Why do I need to go through all the hassle of getting a mailed transcript to obtain my 2015 AGI? I know the previous username and password and would not have changed it if I needed that #. Seems silly...
NoahL

Username help 2015 AGI

Its possible you may have created another username linked to your email which would inhibit you from accessing those previous returns.

The IRS requires the AGI number of your previous return as a new safety feature.

If you filed with us the year prior, you'll be able to locate your previous year's AGI in your TurboTax account.

1. First, you'll need to click on My TurboTax where it will give you a drop-down menu.
  2. From there, you'll want to click on My Tax Timeline
  3. At the bottom, it will ask you, Looking for Prior Year Returns? where you will click Load My Tax Timeline on the bottom right.
  4. At this point, any previous filings in the past will appear here for you to gain access to.
One last helpful tip: If you are trying to gain the AGI of a filing year where you filed with Federal Free Edition, you will need to purchase TurboTax Plus this year to receive the AGI number