Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Uploading Form 1099s into a TurboTax Tax File

This year I want to upload Form 1099s from Fidelity directly into my TurboTax files.  When this procedure is started, does TT, after contacting Fidelity, show me the various account documents in the Fidelity file, which I then select the forms to be uploaded, or does TT upload all the forms that may be contained in that file?

At Fidelity, our daughters have their children's Form 1099s contained in their files.  Do I need to have Fidelity break out this file so that each child has its own Fidelity file?  This assumes that when we access Fidelity via TT that one does not have the ability to select the files to be uploaded.

My account at Fidelity shows all of the Form 1099s that Fidelity has received for my family members, including trusts, etc.  To upload 1099s for all of these various accounts and trusts, it would be ideal for me to use just my account, where I would select the forms to be uploaded.

In my Mac version of Premier TT, I get an error message when I choose Fidelity as the broker from whom I wish to access for the Form 1099s.  It says that I have two copies of TT 2022 in my Applications folder, and that I cannot proceed without deleting one of them.  This is not the case.  How do I get around this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

Uploading Form 1099s into a TurboTax Tax File

Please click here for steps to contact customer support regarding this issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies