- Close TurboTax and then click here to download and install SQL Server Compact 4.0 from Microsoft's website.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to the location C:\Program Data\Intuit\Common\Update Service\v4\Global.
- Right-click the Global.sdf file and choose Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- In the Group or user names area, select your username and click the Edit button.
- In the new window, select the Allow checkbox that corresponds to Full Control, and then click OK twice to close the windows.
- Try updating TurboTax again.
HI, i found clearing out the directory where i was installing the forms etc helped me. If you re-install you may try to remove all files or use a new directory during the install. I also downloaded a copy of turbotax instead of using my dvd rom disk. It ran much faster. Not sure this will help in your situation but it's something to try.
1) Close TurboTax
2) Go to Task Manager, click on the "Services" tab. Try finding "IntuitUpdateServiceV4".
3) Right click on the service and click on "Stop" to stop the updater service.
4) Once the updater service is stopped, Go to "C:\ProgramData\Intuit" path and delete the "Common" folder.
5) After deletion, restart the Updater service i.e. Go to Task Manager, click on the "Services" tab. Try finding "IntuitUpdateServiceV4" ,right click on the service and then click on "Start" option.
6) Once the Updater service is started, try opening TurboTax again.
To best resolve this issue, please click here to get in contact with customer care. Please be sure to enter the correct product, edition, and a detailed description of your issue. If you see a message that says "We can't find an answer to your issue", please click the "Try Something Else" drop down. Once you fill out the form you will be given a service ticket number and a phone number to contact customer care.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"