turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anyone get this status message from their NY return this year or get it last year and recall what happened? "we received...may require..longer then fed..

@mariacru86 you get the money finally cause if you got your state then i still have hope for me to get mine just will have to wait

Anyone get this status message from their NY return this year or get it last year and recall what happened? "we received...may require..longer then fed..

I filed my taxes on 1/31 accepted the same day. Received my federal on 2/8 state is still on hold for further review ever since. I have no EIC. My friend who has EIC got both her checks already.. WHYYYYY?? I am moving and in need of this money!!
taxmonst

Yes this is crazy I keep checking here to see if anyone has any good news yet but looks like pretty much all still waiting

Been accepted since 2/3.  Still on the same "may need further review" message going on a month now.  Fiancee was accepted on the same day and had her refund back 2 weeks ago.  This is bs!!
wmjazzy

I called and they said begin looking in mid March because that’s when they will release a bunch of dates !

Wait what u mean mid march? These fuckers buggin

Mines was accepted on the 1st and still says it needs further review. A WHOLE month later.

Mine was accepted January 24th!! I have been waiting longer than anyone I feel like

What does "We received your return and it may require further review" even mean? Does it or does it Not require further review? !! If it does, why haven't I heard anything back for over a month now, and if it doesn't , what's the hold up? State should be paying us interest for further investing our money.
hizmrs31

it just gives them time to be able to take their time with our refunds which I find absolutely ridiculous. I just spoke with a rep as well he too said look toward mid march because nys goes through every return individually to make sure there is no fraud going on. but let us owe them we would've gotten our money snatched already and their always on time to take the taxes out of our paycheck im so frustrated
hizmrs31

i filed and got accepted January 23
wmjazzy

That’s what she said to look for a date then. I guess we really have to wait up to 6 weeks
dbennet7

Filed 1/19/2018, accepted 1/23/2018 still have this message.  41+ days and still nothing.  I saw something on the NYS website that if we do not receive our money within 45 days of filing, they pay interest.  I will believe it when I see it.  I have never waited this long, have no idea why as nothing in my taxes has changed in the last 6 years.  Same employer, same kid, same address, etc.  Beyond frustrated!

I filed jan 28th it was accepted the next day I got my federal the 22nd I am still waiting on my state this is absolutely ridiculous!!! Nothing has changed I don't get what the hell the hold up is should be paying people who have been waitin this god dam long sure are quick to take it out of our paychecks
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies