turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I pay my Turbo Tax fee with a US American Express card but with a foreign billing addres ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

How do I pay my Turbo Tax fee with a US American Express card but with a foreign billing addres ?

Unfortunately, you cannot pay for TurboTax services if your credit card - any credit card - has a foreign address. 

The credit card issuers require the billing address to verify the card and their address verification data-bases do not include foreign addresses.

(One option - if you have a friend or relative  willing to let you use their card  (+U.S. billing address), you can pay for TurboTax services that way. There isn't any requirement for the taxpayer themselves to pay forTurboTax service).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ToddL

Unfortunately, you cannot pay for TurboTax services if your credit card - any credit card - has a foreign address. 

The credit card issuers require the billing address to verify the card and their address verification data-bases do not include foreign addresses.

(One option - if you have a friend or relative  willing to let you use their card  (+U.S. billing address), you can pay for TurboTax services that way. There isn't any requirement for the taxpayer themselves to pay forTurboTax service).

ToddL

I have done this for my brother for many years. I prepare and file his tax returns using my personal credit card to pay for any TurboTax services.

This is a terrible policy, especially considering that US-backed cards can have foreign addresses attached. The recommendation to have a family member pay is especially damning. Please fix this; I personally went through the entire process of filling out my taxes before discovering that I could not even submit them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies