bubbalane1

Unemployment

This morning I received a email for turbo tax stating that my refund will be deposited soon. Could it be my unemployment refund. Because I have already received my tax refund 

OpeA1

Unemployment

Hello bubbalane1!

It will be best for you to call us here at Turbo Tax and have a Live Expert/Agent look into your situation. From what you wrote, it is hard to tell what the email you received is regarding. We look forward to hearing from you!

MelodyB
Employee Tax & Finance Expert

Unemployment

TurboTax wouldn't know when you are receiving your unemployment adjustment so it can't be that.   I would give us a call to see if we can help you figure out why we sent you that email.

Akil C

Unemployment

Hi Bubbalane1!

Thanks for your question!  TurboTax would not send you an email about your unemployment exclusion refund. This refund was automatically calculated by the IRS and notification and checks will be sent directly from the IRS.

Assuming you have not also already received your state refund and you have not requested a fee refund via online, the only refund messages TurboTax has sent out recently are related to:

1. Customers who extended their return and had already paid, and 
  2. Pay with your refund customers who were inadvertently double-charged.

If you don't fall into either of the above categories, it is safe to assume you may disregard the email that you received this morning. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks! Akil C.