amil113

UNEMPLOYMENT RETURN

Good afternoon,

I have still not yet received my unemployment refund. I sent my return through the mail back in March, I received my return a few months ago but still haven't received my unemployment return. I am head of household and everything I've read says I'd be getting mine in the first round. When I check my tax transcript, there is nothing that says that I am getting anything back. I do not understand what I am missing and why mine is taking so long??

Michele_H

UNEMPLOYMENT RETURN

If you filed the return before the law was enacted the IRS will automatically send the refund, however the IRS has been making adjustments on tax returns and issuing refunds.   If you have not received your refund yet, you may consider visiting the IRS website and checking the where's my refund.   This will give you an up-to-date status of your return.  If any of your credits changed due to the unemployment exclusion, the IRS is making adjustments to include any changes, as long as the credit (Earned Income Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit) was included  was on your return.  

Michele_H

UNEMPLOYMENT RETURN

Here is  link to better assist you.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-continues-unemployment-compensation-adjustments-prepares-another-1-...