Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to recieve 1099B download from Fidelity

It's February 24 and is the first day to being able to download a PDF of my 1099B from Fidelity. When I connect to Fidelity through TurboTax to download the 1099B into TurboTax, the 1099B doesn't show up. There is a 1099D, but no 1099B.  I'm assuming Fidelity doesn't have this available yet, but that's a guess. Has anyone else tried to download a 1099B from Fidelity and not get it through TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

A 1099-DIV?  (no such thing as a 1099-D) or maybe a 1099-R?.

What is actually in your consolidated 1099-B PDF file ( meaning sub-files with non-zero's in it)?

I just imported from Fidelity....each of the sub-forms, meaning a1099-B, 1099-INT, & 1099-DIV all came in

BUT

IF your Consolidated 1099-B only contains a 1099-DIV form with $$ in it, then that's all that  imports.

The individual 1099-B set won't import unless it has some actual sales transactions recorded for the year.

Same with the 1099-INT....if no actual interest is on your consolidated 1099-INT, then that form won't actually import since nothing is there.

_______
Fidelity also has something called a Group 4 1099 set that doesn't come out until March 6.  Maybe some of yours are in that set (have little idea what Group 4 means)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Hi Steam Train.  You're correct, there is no such thing as a 1099D, should have been 1099-DIV. I was able to get the 1099B to download into TurboTax by first clearing cookies from Fidelity. Once I did that, the 1099DIV, 1099B, and two 1099R's showed up in TT.  I'm running Windows 11 Pro and Firefox.  I only had a few stock sales to deal with, but it's much easier to allow the software to enter the numbers correctly. Glad that feature is there.

Thanks for your help.

Dang..cookies again?  Sheesh !   

What other things are cookies blocking?

It's ridiculous to think they have such a power.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies