Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

picklelady
Returning Member

Unable to Efile due to Form 8888

thank you for your response and effort.  I gave up and filed a paper return.  I owe less on the Amended return so I hope the IRS figures it out since I sent a check for the lesser amount - not the amount on my original return.  

After working with Product Support, this issue is currently under investigation. Hopefully, they will have a resolution soon.

rbruce2886
Returning Member

I have the same issue.  I am using TT deluxe Desktop version.  I have been on the phone for up to 3 hours with TT agents, who had me remove from 8888.  It will still not allow me to proceed.  It wont allow for electronic filing, or event to print the forms to file by mail.  Have you found  a way to amend your return?  TT support agents seem to know it is a problem, but only suggest I file by mail.

Bruce W

rbruce2886
Returning Member

I have tried this and it didn't work.  I even had a TT agent try to amend my form, and he couldn't do it either.  It says the form is removed, but the 8888 error will not go away.

Any other ideas?

rbruce2886
Returning Member

The form 8888 can't be deleted, and TT agents, although very polite, have you repeatedly try the same steps to remove the form 8888.  I have done it at least 5 times.  I am told to file by mail, and suggest that I use certified mail.  I have used TT for about 30 years.  This is very sad that they obviously know there is a glitch and do not plan to address it.  I am using Desktop version TT Deluxe on a MAC,

Did anyone ever get this resolved?

Bruce W

rahfam1

I also gave up and mailed my printed amended return this past week.

pak1137
Returning Member

I completed the form 8888 and it did not carry forward to the form 1040. What to do

@pak1137 wrote:

I completed the form 8888 and it did not carry forward to the form 1040. What to do

Look again at your Form 1040 Line 35a.  Is the box checked where stated? - If Form 8888 is attached, check here

pak1137
Returning Member

This is an initial filing. I cannot get the form 8888 to carry over to the from 1040. What to do?

@pak1137 wrote:

This is an initial filing. I cannot get the form 8888 to carry over to the from 1040. What to do?

What do you mean carry over to the form 1040? 

Your full refund will be shown on the Form 1040 Line 35a.  If a Form 8888 was completed then the box on Line 35a will be checked.

The Form 8888 will be included with the tax return when filed.

If you are using the TurboTax online editions and have paid for the edition, you can view your complete tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies