Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tzhangdox

Unable to e-file taxes due to bug in software

Hi,

I've been trying to finish filing my taxes for a few days now, but every time I try to finish it I get this window, and when I click through to try and fix it it takes me to this page:Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 1.14.30 PM.pngACE3AA9B-0E0E-4432-8C06-4798337CC4BE.JPG
However, no matter how I try to correctly enter the zip code (in either the box in the form or Payer zip code above the form), it won't accept it and just takes me back to the first screenshot. I called in about this and was on the help line for about an hour couple days ago. And eventually I was told that it was a bug in the software that would be resolved but several days later I still cannot file.

I also tried downloading the mobile app and doing it on my phone but it lead to the same issue, so its not a platform or browser issue. None of the other boxes in the form let me put anything in it either.

Please assist

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Unable to e-file taxes due to bug in software

Several people have fixed this issue.

They did it by deleting that 1099-DIV form back in the Federal Wages&Income section, and entering it manually.

Don't take a picture, don't import it, don't Drag-Drop a pdf into the software.

Use "Type it in myself".   And copy in the various boxes from a paper copy of that 1099-DIV form.

Then, No "Payer" address at all is required.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies