Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax withdrew my payment for my federal tax for the IRS but they didn't pay it and now the IRS is demanding I pay them. How do I get refunded what turbotax took?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Turbotax withdrew my payment for my federal tax for the IRS but they didn't pay it and now the IRS is demanding I pay them. How do I get refunded what turbotax took?

Turbotax does not pay your taxes for you. you have 3 options any one of which must be done by you

1) send in 1040-V with payment

2) pay through IRS website

3) provide banking info on your return and allow for direct debit

if the iRS says you owe then there was no refund for Turbotax to deduct your fees. Then your fees are taken from the other source you provided such as bank account or credit card.  Before Turbotax would do this, it would have sent e-mails warning you about the how they would procced to collect their fees. The fees are for using their software to prepare your return. there are additional fees for added services such as deducting your fees from your refund. e-filing state, 

you can contact support about any refund you think you are due

800-446-8848

TurboTax does not pay your federal tax due for you or withdraw funds to pay the IRS for you.   You can enter banking information for the IRS to do a direct debit from your account, but it is up to the IRS to  take care of the withdrawal from your account.  It is not done by TT.

Your only proof that you paid your tax due will be your own bank or credit card records.

Did you pay your fees for using TurboTax software and confuse that with paying your tax due?

How can I see my TurboTax  fees? 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies