Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax will not file my return electronically? Says my connection is not secure. Went through the provided trouble shooting page with no success. Still can't file.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax will not file my return electronically? Says my connection is not secure. Went through the provided trouble shooting page with no success. Still can't file.

I had this problem and found a solution.  I'm using Windows 10 and Kaspersky Total Security.  Went into Kaspersky (find icon in tray on lower right corner of your screen) > Settings (the little gear symbol in bottom left corner) > Additional > Network > Encrypted connections scanning.  Check "Do not scan encrypted connections."  This solved the problem.  

Suggest you go back into Kaspersky and recheck "Always scan encrypted connections" after filing electronically through TurboTax.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I had this problem and found a solution.  I'm using Windows 10 and Kaspersky Total Security.  Went into Kaspersky (find icon in tray on lower right corner of your screen) > Settings (the little gear symbol in bottom left corner) > Additional > Network > Encrypted connections scanning.  Check "Do not scan encrypted connections."  This solved the problem.  

Suggest you go back into Kaspersky and recheck "Always scan encrypted connections" after filing electronically through TurboTax.

VickyL

Here some solutions that may help with the connection issue that is not secure.

Depending on what you have already tried, this information may help - https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5454023

The issue may be related to your security software, these solutions may also help - https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302049

I was told this by TT yesterday:
the IRS is no longer accepting transmitted returns.
Weird... I've never had that answer before.

@mamieb59 

Not sure what you read or were told by TT--or if you misunderstood something.  A 2018 return can still be e-filed until October 15, 2019.  Any other tax return from 2017 or earlier cannot be e-filed.  Returns from 2017 or earlier must be printed, signed and mailed.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ctctall

I also ran into a problem with  Kaspersky preventing the transmission of tax returns over the internet. I had to "turn off protection" in the Kaspersky console and completely "close" Kaspersky (using Force Quit if necessary).

I was able to transmit once I completely turned off Kaspersky.

BillS_7T5

Same problem. Tried everything, incl. 4 calls with TT support. I have Webroot, even shut down its protection. Tried using Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge. Printed a zillion TT releases on the exact no secure connection, others on firewalls. Have Chrome installed but Defender is snoozed when another browser. Nothing worked. I have a secure connection, so that is NOT the issue TT! Anyone else who has Edge  and was able to fix this problem?

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried using a ethernet connection if you are using WiFi?

Did you try deleting your browser's cookies? Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ regarding  How to delete cookies! If that doesn't work, try using a different browser like Mozilla FireFox. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies