Solved: TurboTax tells me my state ID is invalid to efile because it’s more than 6 numbers but 8 numbers show on line 15

TurboTax tells me my state ID is invalid to efile because it’s more than 6 numbers but 8 numbers show on line 15

The number starts with 2 zeros do I leave those zeros off?

Yes.  The zeroes are placeholder digits and are not necessary.  You can drop them and the return should be able to file.

Thank You so much!

Just curious, KY or another state?

Yes KY

@nnduncan I was away a couple of days.  I thought so.  KY is one of the few states that has a 6-digit ID, and TurboTax requires it to be 6 digits.  When there are more, it's because the payroll service put extra zeroes which need to be removed.  If there's less than 6 digits, then zeroes need to be added to the front.