turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax sales spam emails

I'm continually bombarded by Turbotax sales emails nearly daily to a secondary email account not associated with my Turbotax login.  The unsubscribe only requires me to login to this community where that secondary email doesn't have any association with my Intuit account so I can't unsubscribe.

I've probably used that secondary email address in my tax returns for notifications from filing, so I suspect Intuit scraped those off and is using it for solicitations.  I've already long since purchased and registered my 2023 and don't appreciate the constant bombardment of buy now spam.

How can I stop these!  Intuit your unsubscribe process is broken.  I don't want to create a second account under that other ID - will get confusing. 

Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2024 8:16 AM
To: <removed>
Subject: Please Open: You’ve Scored a Special Offer on TurboTax for 2023

Get your W-2s ready! It's time to file your taxes.

Save

up to

$

on TurboTax Desktop software

Buy now and save at one of
these authorized retailers:

You’ve got a head start

Easily import last year’s info to help save time and increase accuracy.

Prior-year TurboTax
Desktop users only

Guidance every step
of the way

Double-checks your return as you go, to handle even the toughest tax situation.

100% accurate calculations

Our calculations are 100% accurate on your tax return, or we’ll pay any IRS penalties.

Get your best tax outcome.

Amazon, Amazon.com and the Amazon.com logo are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc or its affiliates.

*No coupon required. Offer available until February 3, 2024 (ends at 11:59pm ET). Get $20 off TurboTax Desktop Deluxe and higher when you buy in store or online at select retailers. Subject to availability. See retailer for details.

Product installation and activation requires an Intuit Account and internet connection. Product limited to one account per license code. Operating systems supported: Windows 10 or later (64‍-‍bit), macOS Monterey 12 or later, click here for full system requirements.

All features, services, support, prices, offers, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.

Click here to see TurboTax product guarantees, disclaimers and other important information.

As the leader in tax preparation, more federal returns are prepared with TurboTax than any other tax preparation provider.

This email was sent to the following address:  <removed>

Did you receive this email in error? Find out why.

If you feel you have received this message in error or would like to unsubscribe, please click here or go to Manage Preferences.

© 2024 Intuit Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark.

Customer Communications, 2800 E. Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85706
6515-001

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Followup:  

So I called the[phone number removed] number for Intuit found on other threads and spoke to a nice rep who understood the issue and entered a case to try and fix the error with unsubscribe.  

In the interim, she also provided an alternative direct unsubscribe URL that hopefully will work for me and others who may encounter this issue. 

https://data-privacy.app.intuit.com/preferences

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, your best course of action is to report the emails as spam to your email provider. They will go to your spam folder and you don't need to see them. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks Julie, I could do that but there are two issues with that

1) Intuit is legally required by the FTC to provide a working unsubscribe feature, and they are failing to do that.

2) With many email providers, multiple customers reporting spam will cause it to be flagged for all of their other customers.  I'm sure there are many other people served by my secondary email provider who still want to see email notifications from TurboTax

Any idea how can I get to the right people to fix this problem with unsubscribe?

Followup:  

So I called the[phone number removed] number for Intuit found on other threads and spoke to a nice rep who understood the issue and entered a case to try and fix the error with unsubscribe.  

In the interim, she also provided an alternative direct unsubscribe URL that hopefully will work for me and others who may encounter this issue. 

https://data-privacy.app.intuit.com/preferences

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies