Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pottersw

Turbotax said I did not owe NH taxes. I did owe taxes but the review just said I did't have to file a return. I owed $ to NH and had to go online there to pay??

there was nothing filled in on TT forms for NH state taxes.  This is an error in Turbo tax!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Turbotax said I did not owe NH taxes. I did owe taxes but the review just said I did't have to file a return. I owed $ to NH and had to go online there to pay??

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pottersw

Certainly.   When I run the step by step  there is an initial statement saying I may have to fill in the DP-10, which covers interest and dividends. I reported the interest received in Turbotax and it correctly lists that interest income on line 3. On line 4 of that form it lists all the interest I reported as non-taxable but leaves the reason codes blank. This interest is actually taxable, but because of the error of including it on line 4 , the tax due is listed as 0.  

But I did have to pay the tax on the interest portion to NH and only discoved this by using the NH tax site. 

The above situation seems to be an updated one since I reviewed my  state taxes previously.  At that time,  I could not get any info on the DP-10 and TT said I did not have to pay.   I am not sure what changed as I have not updated the income side since filing the Fed taxes a couple weeks ago, but in lookign for the details again to respond to your request for more info,  TT now seems to at least have a DP-10 filled in for me. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies