Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax rejects me at payment screen?

I live overseas and do not have taxes in USA due to this. I file my taxes every year, though, just in case. Well, I run into the same issue except this time there is a bit extra. I fixed the common issue most expats have when filing online, but it still rejects me. It says everything is good and there is nothing to review except when I go to pay I am rejected, but nothing tells me why.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

It could be simply technically related, or not as simple but financially logistically related. In the past, ttax has had touchy issues requiring the turbotax web address listed in the "Allowed" or "Safe" sites area of the browser. That usually was why I previously saw similar payment failures as you describe.

Another possibility could be the transaction processor. The bank might disallow Intuit's request for payment, out of abundance of caution; or the typical practice of, for example, 4-digit PIN numbers by many banks overseas might not be accepted anymore by U.S. payment processors.

Thank you! I allowed cookies and usd a vpn. Not sure which worked, but it did go through. Thank you so much

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies