turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

intrezt

I chose to pay my taxes having them take it out of my bank account but after i efiled it gave me pages i mail in with a check, does that mean bank option doesn't work?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Heather14

I chose to pay my taxes having them take it out of my bank account but after i efiled it gave me pages i mail in with a check, does that mean bank option doesn't work?

If you opted to pay your taxes owed by direct debit you can disregard any Form 1040-V voucher that may have printed off with your return.  

We'll automatically include 4 quarterly 1040-ES vouchers with your printout if you didn't withhold or pay enough tax this year. We do this to head off a possible underpayment penalty on next year's taxes.

You may get these vouchers if you're self-employed or had an uncharacteristic spike in your income this year. For example, you sold stock or took a large distribution from your retirement plan.

You're not required to make estimated tax payments; we're just suggesting it based on the info in your return. If you feel they're not needed for next year's taxes, you can shred them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

TurboTax prompts you to print out a 1040-V  after your E-file when you note that you are going to pay by check.
Heather14

If you opted to pay your taxes owed by direct debit you can disregard any Form 1040-V voucher that may have printed off with your return.  

We'll automatically include 4 quarterly 1040-ES vouchers with your printout if you didn't withhold or pay enough tax this year. We do this to head off a possible underpayment penalty on next year's taxes.

You may get these vouchers if you're self-employed or had an uncharacteristic spike in your income this year. For example, you sold stock or took a large distribution from your retirement plan.

You're not required to make estimated tax payments; we're just suggesting it based on the info in your return. If you feel they're not needed for next year's taxes, you can shred them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies