Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bd99
Returning Member

Turbotax not saving changes

I have TurboTax Premier for Windows for 2023 tax year. I have noticed that it is not saving some of my information as I enter it in.

For example, I entered all the data for a 1099-DIV and clicked Done at the end but it didn't show up in the list of 1099-DIVs I had entered. I re-entered everything and the same thing happened. The third time I went to File > Save before clicking Done and this worked.

Another example, I was entering donations to charity and it didn't update what I had entered so I entered it three times. Then all three showed up in the summary and I had to delete two of the duplicates. 

Has anyone else noticed similar behavior? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Turbotax not saving changes

Someone else had this issue, and the used the "Manual Update"  (On a Windows system), and that fixed their bug.  For some reason , the regular updates didn't fully install.

Make sure you reboot your computer before you install the manual update. With TTX not running, you download and install the manual update by itself:

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies