Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax didn't restart after update

Tonight, I restarted working on my income taxes. There was an update to TurboTax, which I applied. After the update there was a popup saying that TurboTax would restart itself. I wanted a few minutes, but it didn't. So, I started it again myself, no problems.

But later I took at the Event Viewer in Windows. I found an entry there which I related to what I believe happened. I thought I'd report it here so Intuit could investigate it further. Here's the entry:

Description:
Application 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Individual 2021\32bit\TurboTax.exe' (pid 253056) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID..

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Thanks for the information. I have passed it on to the forum moderators. This bug has been around for years, but it seems to happen randomly, so it's hard to troubleshoot. Maybe your information will help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Thanks for the information. I have passed it on to the forum moderators. This bug has been around for years, but it seems to happen randomly, so it's hard to troubleshoot. Maybe your information will help.

rstaxss

What is the solution?

Launch Turbo Tax again from the Desktop icon.  

ZayasE

I think the solution is to change the wording on the popup message after updating to say "Please launch Turbo Tax again."

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for your feedback!

@ZayasE 

Amen ZayasE,   I agree. After all these years it should just say, You should now close Turbo Tax and restart it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies