Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TODAY!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax Deluxe Not Working

I purchased two Turbotax Deluxes. I used one to file my own taxes -- both state and federal without a problem. I then used the other Turbotax Deluxe to attempt to file tax returns for my uncle who died last year. I set up a separate Intuit Account and download the software. I saved it under the name of my uncle. Then I started a tax return using his information and the license code from the second software. Turbotax Deluxe will not let me work on the state return for my uncle. It keeps stating that I have to purchase the state software.

I contacted Turbotax for help. I spoke to Melissa. She could provide no assistance. She contacted her supervisor, Ahmed. I gave them them the license codes for both software purchases. Melissa told me that Ahmed claimed the codes were invalid. I have the receipts for the purchases of both Turbotax Deluxes. (The Turbotax Deluxe states it includes one federal and state download.) The code for the Turbotax Deluxe that I used for my own tax returns worked without any problem. 

Since Turbotax cannot resolve the problem, is there anyway I can get my money back since the software will not work for my uncle's state tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies