Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Business tells me I must apply an update in order to e-file. Online->Check for Updates says no updates available. Re-install did not help. How I do resolve this?

Please see if this will help the situation in the meantime:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300658">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300658</a>
jnyanesh

TurboTax Business tells me I must apply an update in order to e-file. Online-&gt;Check for Updates says no updates available. Re-install did not help. How I do resolve this?

NO - that does not fix THIS issue. Please escalate this issue to higher levels within Intuit.

TurboTax Business tells me I must apply an update in order to e-file. Online-&gt;Check for Updates says no updates available. Re-install did not help. How I do resolve this?

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901192-manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-deluxe...>

Doing the manual update at the above link worked for me.  Was able to efile Fed.  Did not try state. Hope this helps.

jnyanesh

Yes, the Federal e-file works and you don't have to go through the manual update. All you have to do is deselect the State e-File and the Fed e-file will go through. The State (CA) e-file is the one that is not working. This should be really embarrassing for a company like Intuit if your customers can't e-file their State return after having worked on it for hours. Please escalate it higher and let us know as soon as it is fixed.

Has anyone seen the FAQ I posted below?
jpalatinus
Returning Member

Yes, I read the “faq”. It is incorrect. As of 3/17/19 Not some, but ALL TurboTax business customers with TurboTax business are unable to efile their California or Texas state return.   

Still not fixed after 4 days?

This is clearly a bug in TurboTax Business 2018. Not possible to e-file CA C corp return because of this! Intuit, please fix!
bcbezdek

I have wasted hours with this and a long list of "potential fixes" provided to me by Intuit.  Manual updates, uninstalling and reinstalling.  We pay for the product to make filing easier so the last suggestion by Intuit support to print and file my returns by mail is completely unacceptable.  Intuit support is terrible.  
SRB-II

For those of you having problems trying to e-file your state returns I have figured out your problem. If you are trying to e-file anything OTHER THAN a standard C Corp (not C Corp short period return) you will not be able to do so. You had to file your return BY March 15th (standard C Corp is due April 15th). If you did not do so then you must file for an extension. I've included a link below explaining the due dates and what you need to do. Yes the software says there is and update that needs to be downloaded and installed but it's an error with the software and happens just about every time you try to e-file past the due date. As for those of you having the same problem with your TX return, you may have the same problem but need more info. What time of business return are you trying to e-file? Please leave a comment with the info and I will check back throughout the day. Hope this helps some of you.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.ftb.ca.gov/businesses/due-dates.shtml">https://www.ftb.ca.gov/businesses/due-dates.shtml...>
hha4444

The above answer/comments is wrong. I’m filing for C Corporation and got the above error on March 09 until now. It is definitely a bug in TurboTax business for California and other states. Turbo Tax please fix it  ASAP.
jpalatinus
Returning Member

No i am filing a standard c corp i tried filing before 3/15 and got the ame error it has nothing to do with the due dates.
SRB-II

@hha4444 and @jpalatinus, please re-read my comment. I said for everything BUT standard C Corp which is due BY Alril 15th and everything else was due BY March 15th and you can confirm the info I provided in the link at the bottom of my first comment. I forgot to add this to my first comment but will say it now. All of you having this problem are better off mailing your returns instead of waiting for Intuit/TurboTax to release a fix for it because it will not happen. As for getting your money back, goodluck.
qingsong

@StevenRBassettII I think you have not read other people's comment correctly. Other people including me were filling CA C corp before 3/15.  The software did not work!  This is definitely the software issue as this is not the first time we are using this software.  Intuit needs to release the fix to all impacted customers.
bbezdek

I finally gave up.  I was able to transmit my Federal return but not my TX return.  When I went back to file the TX return I still get the same issue.  I filed TX directly on the Texas Webfile site.  Intuit has not responded and probably won't.  So it seems the issue is just related to transmitting state filings.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies