Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Business MD Form Download Loop

I am beyond frustrated... I have been stuck in a Maryland Partnership form download loop for a week.  I am done with Federal.  I click Start on Maryland Partnership. I paid the $50.  I click the Checkbox by Maryland Partnership on Here are the States You Downloaded. I click Download Now.  A box pops up saying "Downloading your State".  Very quickly thereafter a box pops up saying "Your software is up to date".

DO NOT recommend the TTStateCleanupTool

DO NOT recommend uninstalling/reinstalling.

DO NOT recomment Selective Startup

I HAVE ALREADY DONE all of these things, plus I've tried multiple computers, cleared the registry after uninstalling, reinstalled with zero success.  I am a 23 year IT professional... don't ask me if I've restarted the computer...

I see a lot of people having this issue.  How do I get my $50 refunded?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

I have the same exact problem.  I've been using TurboTax Business for years and have years of IT experience.

On top of everything you did - I re-imaged my Windows 11 Desktop from scratch.  So it's a fresh new install of Windows 11 and the same problem still exists.  

I hope this gets fixed before March 15th or I'm going to have to file an extension.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I don't show these forms are available until 3.1.24 - 

Business State Forms Availability 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks!  I remember last year TurboTax for Business actually returned a response of "These forms aren't available until..."  This year it says the forms are installed/downloaded but just throws you into a loop of trying to download/install the forms.  I'll try again after the 1st and respond here.

So you know what would be great... if TurboTax Business that I paid $149 for didn't say when I clicked the State download "DONE", but instead said "This form will not be available until 3/1/2024".

This is absolute junior college level programming and technical support.

I'll file with TT this year (IF what you say is correct), but I'm going H&R Block next year. 

KC1981

I did everything that the instructions said to do. Nothing worked. I just got off the phone with the agent and she advised me that the "fix" for the Maryland State Business Taxes will be available on March 1, 2024. She advised me to click on the blue "download" button with Maryland checked on March 1, 2024 and to file Federal and State Turbo Taxes together. I have been using Turbo Tax for my business for at least 15 years and this is the first time I have had any issues. This issue is totally unacceptable and the length of time for a fix is also unacceptable. I literally had to go through four (4) agents and about six (6) hours of wasted time to find the solution of March 1, 2024, as the date for the fix. Very disappointed with Turbo Tax. I will be asking for a refund. 

KC1981

One more thing: all of the agents should be given the correct information. I found this forum on my own. I wish I had started here instead of wasting hours with agents who were guessing what to do.  I will let you know if the March 1, 2024, Maryland Taxes fix works.

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

We expect this issue to be fixed by March 01.

Please come back and check for updates to your TurbTax program.

If you're on a PC, open your TurboTax program and select Check for Updates from the Online menu near the top. 

If you are on a Mac, simply quit and reopen TurboTax. You will be prompted to download any updates.

Some Troubleshooting Tips for Updating:

• Use a wired, high-speed connection when updating. It saves time and will minimize data corruption.
  • Try again if your connection drops. It should pick up where it left off.
  • If you're having trouble updating on your PC, try ato do a manual update.

Click here for information on manually updating TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Today is March 1, 2024, and the problem still exists!! Now they said March 8, 2024 it will be fixed!!

sfcdmu

now it says 8th, what a pity, may not be able to catch the 3/15 deadline. 

3/1 came and went. TurboTax updates but the loop for downloading the Maryland Partnership form still exists where it just says "DONE". But it is not done.  And now I look at the form availability is 3/8 for MD state business taxes.

Can the programmers please just update the Business program to query the state form availability database table and actually output "This form will not be available until 3/8" instead of "DONE"?

This is how it was in the past, and is a major oversight that is frustrating numerous customers.

I echo the sentiment. Why can't the message be as simple as 'Not Available Unit March 8'. I spent a couple of hours going through the same set of exercises like everyone else did and as instructed by TurboTax, only to find that the problem is not at my end. Very frustrating indeed. Also, I suggest that if this be the case, the instructions for fixing the problem on the Turbotax website be updated to state that for the State of Maryland, please ignore these instructions. 

Today is March 2, 2024 and it is still not fixed!!  Now they are saying March 8, 2024!!

I needs so answers ASAP!!!

Guess what!!! It is not fixed!! Now they said it will not be available until 03/08/24!!!

Do you think it will be ready then???

I have been stuck in the same "loop" as described by other customers. 

@LindaS5247 . Is possible that you are able to request an escalation for the issue regarding the Maryland Partnership forms? A similar issue has happened in previous years. We, as customers, continue to get told that the forms are not ready yet... meanwhile it always turns out that it is a programming error/glitch with TurboTax that needs a work around. 

The Maryland Partnership forms have been available and approved for TurboTax's use since at least 01/26/2024. Here's a link to view that on Maryland's tax website: 

https://marylandtaxes.gov/pros/docs/eFileSoftwareVendors-Business.pdf

I have spoken to multiple TurboTax reps on the phone today, none of which have been able to offer a solution. My computer operating system is up-to-date; I've deleted cookies; I've deleted older versions of TurboTax. None of which fixed the issue.  This issue is not user error and it's not a forms issue. It is a program issue. 

The TurboTax Business software let me pay for the "Maryland Partnership" forms. So it seems that they are "available." But the software does not recognize the download. 

The 3/15 deadline is quickly approaching. Please - this issue needs the urgent attention of the program developers. 

@dusty8 

@lcashe43 

@Gurujee 

@sfcdmu 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies