Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Business 2023 stuck in "We need to make one more check"

Hi, I completed the federal and NJ state forms for partnership returns with Turbotax Business 2023, and everytime I transmit, it throws a message saying "We need to make one more check" which leads to a screen that asks for Paid preparer information, although this is a self prepared return. It neither lets me enter the name or details of a paid preparer, nor does it transmit, throwing the same error every time. I'm frustrated with the poor product.

Other people have had similar issues with other state returns in previous years. I'm not sure why TT is not updating the bug.

Please advice

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is an FAQ: Why is NJ 1065 p1, 2 requiring paid preparer info for self-prepared return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It says Turbotax is working to resolve the issue. I'm still waiting for an update. It's getting late to file taxes!

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Sign up for updates so you are notified when it is ready.   You can file an extension if necessary.   @vishnurajan 

I am still getting this issue. It says it has been solved. I went to online/check for updates and as of writing this, my version is up to date.

Turbotax has not fixed the issue. It has been close to three weeks. I don't think they will fix the issue in time. It's best to get your taxes done in some other software or manually and mail to the State. Federal is working so you can esign and send it.

Shame such a simple bug cannot be fixed and we are wasting our money and time on the software

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This issue is still being worked on. You can sign up for updates here: Why is NJ 1065 p1, 2 requiring paid preparer info for self-prepared return?

jdberlin1

When will this be resolved?

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

The issue filing NJ 1065 was resolved in the update released on April 5, 2024. If you are still seeing this error message, please check to be sure you have the most recent updates. In TurboTax, go to Online in the header and choose "View installed updates." Click the plus beside Programs and confirm your most recent update was after 4/5/2024. If not, close TurboTax Business and reopen to check for updates.

If this message persists, please contact TurboTax Support to report your situation.

@jdberlin1 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies