turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax 2023 installed but won't start - MacOS Monterey 12.5

I'm trying to install Turbotax Premier on Macbook Air running Monterey - macos 12.5.  I have tried from the CD  twice and via website download once. 

Each time it goes through the download process, and the app is visible in the Applications folder, but when I attempt to launch it fails every time with the message "Turbotax 2023 Quit Unexpectedly".  It never even shows a TT screen just the error message.

Any ideas on getting it to run on Monterey 12.5? 

Have used Turbotax for many years, and used TT Premier 2022 on this same computer last year with no problems.

Thanks for any advice.

Joe

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

SOLVED - UPDATE:  After some googling and troubleshooting, I found advice to restart the Mac after the download.  Very simple, and yes, it worked.  After reboot, TT starts and appears to be working normally.  It successfully imported last year's return and seems ready to go for 2023.

One added note for any others having similar issues. 

Installing from the website download link gets you an already-updated version of TT, so I learned you can just bypass the CD and get the software by downloading from the website.  That will save a little time after the first launch because it won't have to go out and get all the updates after the very early version that you get on the CD.

Joe

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Your Mac does not meet the system requirements.    You will not be able to use the CD/download.  You can use the online program.  Seek a refund for the CD/download.  The license code cannot be used to pay for online.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

To request a refund from TT ;  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

SOLVED - UPDATE:  After some googling and troubleshooting, I found advice to restart the Mac after the download.  Very simple, and yes, it worked.  After reboot, TT starts and appears to be working normally.  It successfully imported last year's return and seems ready to go for 2023.

One added note for any others having similar issues. 

Installing from the website download link gets you an already-updated version of TT, so I learned you can just bypass the CD and get the software by downloading from the website.  That will save a little time after the first launch because it won't have to go out and get all the updates after the very early version that you get on the CD.

Joe

xmasbaby0, 

They say for tax year 2023 macOS Monterey 12 or later is the required minimum.

It seems to be working for me with macos12.5.   It populated last year's return, and downloaded my state software as expected.

I'm guessing I'll need to update the MacOS for it to work next year.

Thanks,

Joe

Glad it is working for you now!

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies