Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax 2022 Wells Fargo 1099B Import

My 1099B is from Wells Fargo Clearing Services LLC. The two Wells Fargo choices available are WF Advisors and WF Bank. Trying Advisors, I get error message "Our system is currently unavailable." It has been "unavailable" for weeks. I tried WF Bank. Error message "The import was unsuccessful... we'll help you enter the information and continue with your return." That box has an OK button which throws me back to the failed login.

How can this problem be fixed? I have seen it asked in previous years in this forum, but no answers except enter the data manually. The 1099 B is huge. Can TurboTax add Wells Fargo Clearing Services LLC to the dropdown list of partners?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If we do not support the specific institution your 1099 is with, you can follow these instructions to enter a large number of transactions. 

Please let us know if we can further assist you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You don't have to tell me how to manually enter 1099 data. I have been using TurboTax since its introduction and WELLS FARGO is not some obscure institution that doesn't deserve your support for the import feature. This Wells Fargo account imported just fine in previous years and it imported for a friend of mine this year. This is a bug. The error message says system unavailable, try later, and it has said that for weeks as I have tried repeatedly hoping for a different result. (Yes, I know, the definition of insanity.) Manually entering the data for an active investment account 1099B - hundreds of transactions - is a huge task. The nature of my transactions does not permit using your "summary data" method without having to mail in a paper statement or separately list a large number of transactions and exclude them from the summary totals. I paid for a program that will download from a long list of major financial instutions. If manual entry is all you got, this is a big flaw and a major disappointment. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried to import using First Clearing? I was looking into the corporation on the website here, https://www.wellsfargoclearingservicesllc.com/, and it mentions operating under the name First Clearing. This may allow it to connect without doing any manual entry. @brucemcdon 

I appreciate the extra effort, but I did the manual entry. Just for completeness though, not to leave you hanging, I tried First Clearing. It appears on the dropdown and goes to a logon screen where I entered my Wells Fargo username and password. Not recognized. (On the WF entries that didn't work, they at least recognized me as a customer before the error message saying "system unavailable" or "failed to download.") 

I learned that "Wells Fargo Advisors is a trade name used by Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC..." Then as you pointed out, "Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC provides clearing and custody services... under the trade name First Clearing." The former is not on the TTax dropdown and I don't have an account with the latter. Advisors is on the list, but it errors out after recognizing my logon. 

So again, thanks anyway. It worked last year and it worked this year for a friend of mine. Maybe by next year something will have sorted itself out in the list of financial partners. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I will definitely send it over to the right team to be looked into, so hopefully, things can look better for next year. 

I am glad you were able to get things entered so you can file them currently. 

I have the same issue as the original post.

Can you guys fix it for this year? I pay > $200 to use turbotax, and you can't import my tax documents from Wells Fargo?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Please checkout the TurboTax FAQ below for assistance downloading your 1099B:

What if I can't import my 1099?

@Flomax 

I am having the same problem and when I was put on a call with a "tech person" for over an hour today they were not even aware of the bug!!!! It also couldn't upload a picture of your 1099, etc.  Especially for 1099-B this is ridiculous and there should be a fix by now. It has been weeks since this original messaged occurred and I am sure we are not the only ones bringing it to your attention

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

What is the error that you receive when you try to import the 1099? @lescogan 

Why don't you try reading the original post where the entire problem is completely stated??? Thanks for all the help. I just got off the phone with Wells Fargo and they say their import service is working just fine and this is an issue with TurboTax. I am getting a "Online access is not available" and "try again" in a couple of days, for Wells Fargo Bank. For Wells Fargo Advisors, it allows me to enter a username and password (which I KNOW works because I can sign on using my browser all the way into my accounts) and it rejects the username/password combination after connecting to Wells Fargo Advisors with a popup saying "The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or password", obviously a bogus error.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online, you may want to try a different browser or try clearing out your browser's cache and cookies. Please see How do I delete cookies? and How to clear your cache for more information.   

Please see What if I can't import my 1099? for instructions. 

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with a TurboTax representative who can assist you. 

@d5zbfzmpifidiof4g2xn2pf24gyqnurb 

pcal43

+1.  The Wells import has been flakey for years and isn't working at all for me at the moment.

Intuit's disinterest in fixing the problem (as evidenced in this thread) will have me shopping for alternatives to TT next year.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please contact Customer Support so you can speak with a TurboTax representative who can assist you.

@pcal43 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies