turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax software says that Form 8917 is not available until Feb. 5th, I found the updated 2020 form online with a quick google search Why the delay here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turbo Tax software says that Form 8917 is not available until Feb. 5th, I found the updated 2020 form online with a quick google search Why the delay here?

there may be a form but Congress has not passed the law to extend the deduction past 2017

Seeing the paper form online and having it operational in the efile system are NOT the same thing ... the retroactive tax law bill happened 12/20/19 and some changes came as a complete surprise.  So first the IRS needs to issue technical specs then the tax prep companies must integrate them and test them before the IRS will approve their use ... toss in the holidays and you have the perfect storm.  The common forms are dealt with first and the less used ones are put to the back of the line ... patience is needed while all involved deal with the mess congress thru at them. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies