Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax show I still owe additional amount after I already paid the FED AMT due by the deadline I don't understand why I still owe when I got refund on the state. HELP?

I do not know who to call please help me?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Turbo Tax show I still owe additional amount after I already paid the FED AMT due by the deadline I don't understand why I still owe when I got refund on the state. HELP?

Where are you seeing that TurboTax shows you still owe tax?    Your TurboTax account will always show that you had tax due if you prepared your return using the software.    TT never knows how, when or even if you paid your tax due.   Your account will only show the result of the tax return you prepared.  Your proof that you paid will be your own bank or credit card records.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Did you pay the federal tax when you filed the tax return, or before you filed, or after you filed? How did you pay it?

Does the federal tax return that you filed show an "amount you owe" on Form 1040 line 37? Is that the amount that you paid?

And....the fact that you received a state refund has no bearing on whether you owed federal tax.   Your federal tax due and state refund are completely separate---one has nothing to do with the other.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies