Angelica10

Turbo tax says form 14093 not ready by irs. Can not e file yet.

Turbo tax does not let me efile as I did in past yrs. Need to wait until when?

JohnW152

As of today, Form 14039, Identify Theft Affidavit, will be available in TurboTax on February 25, 2021. 

According to the instructions for Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit, you can submit by either mail or FAX.  See the link above for the address and FAX number.

Form 14039 is used when an e-Filed return is rejected because of a duplicate filing under your SSN, or you’re instructed to do so.

JohnW152

Angelica10

For 5 yrs i was able to efile and sent by mail the 14093.  Why this year turbo tax does not let me efile but says form 14093 is not ready yet? What changed? 

Angelica10

Turbo tax instructs me to complete section about "Affidavit of ID theft" that's where form 14093 propagates but when it is time to do smart check it says "Can not file your returns because government is still working finishing up on some forms that are on your 2020 tax forms." Answer by tax expert says I do not need to mail 14093 unless my taxes have been rejected by IRS. I did receive an IP PIN. So do I wait till form 14093 is loaded on turbo tax OR omit the question "ID Theft Affidavit" where the info about 14093 propagates and efile? If I do not need ID theft affidavit, then turbo tax lets me e-file. Thank you so much

WendyN2

Yes, given that you have received a pin and confirmation, you should wait just to ensure your identity is not further compromised.