Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax reports one error found during Smart Check but nothing is actually shown as error

I've been having this problem, and I am not sure what is going on. This is TT Desktop 2023.

I run smart check, it says it found one error with my federal return and we will handle it one at a time, when I press continue, it says "your return has changed", it does not display any error, next step is done or run smart check again.

If I got to forms, and click the errors button, it says all is good.

Any idea of how to determine what is actually wrong?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Turbo tax reports one error found during Smart Check but nothing is actually shown as error

If you are using the desktop version of the software, you can try to update your software by selecting Online and then Check for updates to update your program and help resolve the issue.

You can also try the suggestions in this link to see if that helps update the software.

If neither of these solutions assist, you may need to contact us to get product support assistance.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Unfortunately, it does not work.

Software is updated.

I was able to corrected the first time, thought I am not sure whether the changes I did fixed the issue or something else did. First manual fix I did in the forms, there was mismatch between F1116 copies, general income copy had a description of "From 1099s" which should have been in copy 2. I manually corrected those, when through the step by step for FTC and error disappear.

The same error is happening again now, but forms look good, and I can't figure out what is going on. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies