Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax rejecting 1095-A entries

The 1095-A received has zero in the very last entry for Column A and Column B, but a value in Column C.  Turbo Tax is rejecting this even though it's exactly what is entered in the 1095-A.   Auto pay stopped mid year on the premiums yet they entered a Premium Tax Credit for that month!  

The annual totals are on to the penny for each column.  Only difference is Column C has an extra Premium Tax Credit entry which is causing the individual to owe $350 in taxes.  If I leave it off, then no tax owed.  If I enter values into Column A & B, also no tax owed.   However,  Turbo Tax is not allowing me to move forward if entered exactly as reported,  with 0.00 in A&B, and a value in C.

Need help - TT won't let me "Continue"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

You should not enter zeroes in TurboTax when entering your Form 1095-A.  Leave that spot blank.

Otherwise, you should enter your Form 1095-A as it is shown unless you believe it to be incorrect.  If you believe there's an error on your Form 1095-A you should contact the issuer of the form.

Click here for information on Form 1095-A.

Click here for information on entering your Form 1095-A.

Please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions or click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Doesn't work.  TT gives the following error in red letters if left blank: "Please enter an amount.  Must be greater than zero."

I called Health Plan Finder to report the incorrect 1095-A and they routed me to Lifewise who said they couldn't do anything about the issue.  Now there's an error in my tax software and a penalty of $350!  Unbelievable.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies