Turbo Tax is not allowing me to eFile my 2017 NYS Amendment. It is asking me to file by paper. Why is rejecting eFiling? Where do I mail the NYS 2017 Amendment to?

Amended returns cannot be e-filed.  They have to be mailed.

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/return_assembly_mail.htm

1. If that is the case, why waste my time taking me through the e-File process. The software screens clearly say NY State has to be e-Filed (I am specifically referring to the amendment), makes you go through the entire process, and then times out after trying to e-File. However, on the other hand, it says upfront that the Federal form has to mailed in. Please update the software to reflect the reality.
2. Please also verify that the addresses provided work for Amendments as well