Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amimaki
Returning Member

Turbo Tax for Business - Numbers Not Footing Correctly

I'm using TT for Business.  I came across 2 issues:

1.  Numbers for Code Z, 199A are not coming over in the K-1.  It's blank even though there should be a calculated amount.

2.  On K-1, Total Capital at beginning of the year, when adding all the partners together, does not equal what's noted in the Balance Sheet.  It's off by $100 which then causes ending capital to be off by $100.  This number can't be overridden.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

1. The calculated amount is going to appear on Statement A (the K-1 line will only show the code).

2. There must be an input error somewhere. I have been unable to reproduce the error you are seeing. What did you enter in the Partner Capital section?

amimaki
Returning Member

1. There should be an amount on Each Partners Form 1065 K-1, Box 20, noted with Code Z, otherwise how would the partner now what to enter on their individual return?  Right now, I've entered the info in all the step by step instructions and Turbo Tax for Business is not calculating Qualified Business Income Deduction and reflecting that amount in Box 20.

2.  I checked all the numbers.  One step for Turbo Tax for Business requires the Balance Sheet to be in balance.  There is no input field for Partners Beginning Capital.  Only Cash or Property Contributed or Distributed.  If I add all the Partners Initial Capital from their K-1s, its different than the Balance Sheet amount.

1. Enter Forms Mode and look directly below your K-1s. You should see a statement (Statement A).

2. You will have to contact Support. I cannot reproduce the issue you are seeing with your balance sheet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies