Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax final refund number after fees is incorrect

the fees show total $120.00 for turbotax filing and it was to be deducted from my federal return but my return has not been given as of almost 3 months later!! so i looked into everything and then got
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

It sounds like your return required forms, schedules, or services not covered in TurboTax Free. If that's the case, when you filed your 2019 tax return, you likely chose Pay With My Refund, which lets you deduct your TurboTax fees from your IRS tax refund instead of paying them with a credit or debit card.

Per the Refund Processing Agreement, you would have authorized us to debit your bank account if your refund was insufficient to cover your fees:

In addition, by clicking the "I Agree" button below, you electronically sign and authorize Intuit (through its third party processor) to debit the TurboTax Fees, Additional Products and Services Purchased and any applicable sales tax from your bank account number identified in the Agreement below, in the event that you do not receive a tax refund that is sufficient to pay for them.

You can also be auto-debited if you signed up for Pay With My Refund and your refund is sufficient, but the IRS is still holding your refund 36 days after your original estimated refund date. In this case, you'll get the same email notifications from us, except we will debit the Pay With My Refund fee (if any) in addition to your other TurboTax fees.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did choose pay with my refund and i also opted to pay extra for Turbotax delux i didnt use the completely free option, thats why $120 at the time made sense but yet ive received two different notifications that the bill owed to them was 82.80 even tho i chose Delux if that didnt matter then the final total refund due to me after turbo tax fees is incorrect, but if i was to pay for delux like i chose and like my account shows still then the total owed would be 120 but that is not what ive got for a bill, also my stimulus check when i input the turbo card account info for the account to be deposited on this years tax card and account when i entered it into the payment system tfor the stimulus it still denied the direct deposit and i dont understand why so i ended up having to wait an extra 4 days for my check in the mail, im now concerned my federal refund is taking so long due to the turbo card account not accepting my e-file deposit onto that card account and no one can answer my questions or what the issue is or isnt or what the problem is and no i dont need any extra forms or information ive tripple triple double checked and been through every avenue a zillion times with no success i mean that ive called every number possible known to man i even emailed the us treasury department ive called every irs number possible tried where's my amended return portal just incase i missed something, ive tried turbotax only to get recordings that cant even function properly ive called the santa barbara tax group ive called the company that gets your deposit before its given to the tax prep people then to me ive literally tried everything i even tried social security administration i even went back through my turbotax filing account to double check i did everything correct answered every question even the ones not pertaining to me just to leave no stone unturned and i get no where!!

Also my state refund went in 2 weeks after i filed not even like 10 days onto that turbotax prepaid visa card account just fine without any issues so there is no reason my stimulus check shouldnt have also been deposited onto it without issue but they declined it anyway unknown reason cause no one knows how to correctly inform people of anything no explanation just denied and mailed so how can i get that mailed to be and they had all my 2019 information from taxes filed but yet cant send me my federal tax refund ? but im starting to think there was a mathmatical error on the total owed to me and turbotax fees and or turbotax card problems but of course no one can help me figure that out either and that app is a joke doesnt answer anything the way i require and has been glitching for 2 months itself so i dont trust using it.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Go here:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

This FAQ site may also answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies