sierrawim

Turbo tax fees were more than what was listed. Approximately $35 extra. Please explain

Charged extra. Please clarify and refund the extra cost that was not listed in the contract agreement
mesquitebean

Did you choose to pay your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund?  If so, that has a 34.99 service fee.  

Have you already filed?  That can be removed prior to filing, then you could pay upfront by credit card, debit card, or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store.
sierrawim

Yes it I upgraded to premium and the total was $117.69 total. But total what was deducted was $152.68. So I just confused as to why I was charged higher amount than what was agreed upon in the contract.
mesquitebean

Here's how to look at your fees to be sure you weren't double-charged for something.  Check your fees this way:

• Log in and go to the 2016 Tax Timeline.
  • Scroll to "Some things you can do."
  • Choose "View order details."

Please report what is listed there.

AND, if you chose to pay the TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund, there is an additional service fee.   In non-California states the service fee is 34.99.   In California the additional fee is 39.99 (in California, it is bundled with "Premium Services.")

Are you in California or a non-California state? 

Once you report what you found about the other fees in the Tax Timeline above, we can tell you how to phone TurboTax Support if there are any problems.

mesquitebean

@sierrawim
The answer above was revised slightly.  If you were emailed the original answer, please return to the forum to see the full revised info.
sierrawim

So that $34.99 on top of the $117.69? I wish that was stated clearly when I checked out.
mesquitebean

34.99 is the fee for paying out of the refund in states other than California.  See the screen images in this other thread.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3699017">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3699017</a>

But also check in the Tax Timeline as I outlined above to see what all you were charged for $117.69, to be sure that figure is correct.