Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GRC08

Turbo Tax download

We bought the TurboTax that allows up to 5 people to file. I have downloaded it and started my file, but when my parents are trying to download it, it is telling them that it has already been activated on another account.  How can they proceed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Turbo Tax download

The TurboTax desktop software license allows you to install the software on up to 5 computers that you own.  You can only use your TurboTax account for the license code when installing the software that you purchased.

To start a new tax return using the TurboTax desktop editions, click on the File menu at the top left of the desktop program screen.  Click on New Tax Return.

GRC08

Turbo Tax download

Ok, from talking to Turbo Tax, the other family member had to sign in through my account to use the other licenses.  Now we can't figure out how to import their return from last year.   They used my computer last year, but they have the return on their computer.  Any suggestions? 

Turbo Tax download

@GRC08 wrote:

Ok, from talking to Turbo Tax, the other family member had to sign in through my account to use the other licenses.  Now we can't figure out how to import their return from last year.   They used my computer last year, but they have the return on their computer.  Any suggestions? 

If they did the prior year tax returns on your computer and want to transfer the prior year return to the 2023 return on their computer, then their 2022 tax data file for their tax return has to be copied to a removable media and taken to and copied onto their computer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies