Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax Changing Date of VA Estimated Tax Payment

Re 2021 federal and VA state tax returns, I entered on Turbo Tax Form 1040-SR my  timely, quarterly estimated federal and state tax payments. My second estimated 2021 VA state tax payment was on June 9, 2021 for $1100. However, TT is ignoring the date of my timely payment on June 9, 2021 and adding the $1100 to what I paid in estimated taxes for the third quarter, making it appear that I made no estimated payment for the second quarter and causing an incorrect form 760C to be generated. I tried going to Tools and deleting form 760C, but it keeps auto generating it in error. I do not use the downloadable form of TT, but the online version.  

Update: I brought the issue to the attention of Travis, TT representative, by phone this evening. It is a software bug of some sort, now assigned Current Investigation # INV-18490. Should you experience the same or similar problem, Travis advised that when you call TT to report it or chat with TT about it, you provide this number INV-18490, so that the cases can be linked up. Depending on the cause of the software problem, Travis estimated it could take one day to one month to solve.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Note: Bill, employee tax expert, is looking into. Also, I received an email from TT this afternoon, advising that a new INV will be started on my issue. Will post the new INV after I receive it. 

Very pleased to receive email today from TurboTax that this issue has been resolved. Text of that email follows:

“Hello,

There’s an update on the TurboTax help article you’re following: "VA Form 760C Line 10 Column B combining value with Line 10 Column C".

We’re happy to inform you that we’ve updated TurboTax and resolved the issue you experienced

If you’re using TurboTax Online, it’s been updated automatically. Just sign in and you can continue working.

If you’re using the TurboTax CD/Download Software, download and install the latest update. You can do this through the prompt when you launch the software or by following

these instructions.

If you’re still having trouble or there’s anything else we can help you with, feel free to give us a call

Thanks for your patience,

The TurboTax Help Team”

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies