Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax asked for my MAILING address, and then listed it as my HOME address on my tax return. It ISN'T my home address. I've already filed. Will it cause problems?

The TurboTax software CLEARLY STATED stated that the address I added as my mailing address didn't need to me where I actually lived.  Because my parents have POA and handle a lot of things for me, I listed their home address as my mailing address.  I moved during the year and have moving expenses, mortgage interest, etc on a different address listed later in the return, but I'm worried that because my parents address is on the FRONT PAGE of the return, this will delay my refund or cause problems down the road.  Help!  Thanks!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo tax asked for my MAILING address, and then listed it as my HOME address on my tax return. It ISN'T my home address. I've already filed. Will it cause problems?

That should not be problem.  People move all the time.  What is important is to use an address on your tax return where you want to receive mail from the IRS.  If the IRS needs to write you a letter or mail your refund, you want it to go to an address where you can receive it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That should not be problem.  People move all the time.  What is important is to use an address on your tax return where you want to receive mail from the IRS.  If the IRS needs to write you a letter or mail your refund, you want it to go to an address where you can receive it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks!

You are welcome.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies