Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax 2023 not supporting Monterey 12

Spoiler
I discovered yesterday that Apple is stopping support for ‘older’ computers. They consider 7-8 years the life of a computer. I bought mine in March 2016  so it’s 8+ years old. As of the end of November they are stopping support of Monterey so no more updates and security updates and no further support for my machine. The version 13 will not support Late-2015 machines. They are forcing me to spend $1100 or more for a new machine. I’m 76 years old and only use my iMac for Turbo Tax. All my emails and games and social media is done on my iPad. So it looks like ‘Goodbye” to desktop Turbo Tax. I’ll have to consider HR Block or Turbo Tax on line or a local tax preparer. Sad day!!!
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Other consumer-Level DIY tax preparation software providers have also discontinued supporting that OS.

I found out that Apple declares computers between 7 and 8 years old obsolete. No further updates or security patches after November 24, 2024. My computer is a Late 2015 that I bought in March 2016. I am 76 and only use my computer for Tutbo Tax Deluxe. Everything else is done on my iPad Pro. I wonder when they will declare that obsolete too. The basxxxds!

2024 Desktop System Requirements

TurboTax® Desktop 2023-2024 System Requirements

If you can’t install the Desktop program you can switch to the Online version.  Then you can transfer your prior year returns from the Desktop program into the Online version.

If you used the Desktop program last year here’s How to transfer into the Online version, expand the blue link if you used the CD/download last year

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-...

If you used the Desktop program before you may notice several differences and not like the online version.  It has less features and no Forms Mode.  You can only do 1 return.  Your return is only saved online so be sure to save both the .tax2023 data file and the pdf file to your computer when you are done.  In case you need to amend in the future or if you need a copy to get a loan or something.  You might not be able to access your online return when you need a copy.

I understand and feel something similar for Microsoft since I can't install and run Windows 11 on a couple of my machines that don't have TPM 2.0 (at least not without an amount of hacking).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies