Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Don22

Turbo Tax 2023 deceptive marketing

Bought deluxe 2023 and now it wants to charge me 45 to download state.  Obvious change in marketing not including state returns.  5000% dissappointment.  Sadly, it appears I am not the only one that is amazed and peeved that this new tatic is being used by Intuit.  What a shame.  Box or product not being labeled "without state" is status quo for the CEO's of major companies all over with misleading their loyal customer base.  Thirty plus years and you so easily and willingly put the proverbial knife in your customers back.  After this year I will see what other options I have going forward.   What ever the market will bear they; well here is one customer going bye bye.  Thank you for all the years and the final push under the bus.  Shameful.  Regards, D Albright

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Deluxe has always been available either with or without a free state return.

Upgrades from Deluxe always included one free state.

If you buy Turbotax Deluxe as a boxed copy in a store or as a download from a third-party vendor, it is available as "Federal+1 free state", or "Federal only" (because some states don't have a state income tax, so customers in those states may not want the state download).   The price is only a few dollars different, and I tend to think that stores in states with income tax should not offer the federal only version because it can be confusing and misleading.

Unfortunately, if you accidentally bought the box with federal only, you need to pay to download the first state module.  You can try calling customer support, I don't know if they will help you.

The Deluxe download direct from Turbotax is only available as Federal+1 state.

And, no matter what version you buy, there is always a charge if you need a second or third state. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies